Food is an integral part of everyone’s life. How about enjoying amazing food in your couch watching movies with your friends or family? Isn’t that great? But the nightmare starts when the sauce, especially the tomato sauce falls on the carpet. It is one of the most used sauces and is used almost every day while eating. Do you know how to get rid of the tomato sauce on carpet along with its stain? Well, do not worry as we are here to help you. Tomato sauce can leave a strong and stubborn stain back on the carpet. Hence, you have to make sure that you take quick action. Without that it is impossible to get rid of the stain. Here are some of the methods to combat tomato sauce on carpet.
Tomato Sauce on Carpet
Tomato sauce on carpet cleaning remedies include using lemon to blot the stain off, using club soda, or hydrogen peroxide.
- You have to first us soak a clean cloth or sponge in cold water and then sponge the stain. Start working from the outside in.
- Now, take a slice of lemon and then rub it over the affected area on your carpet.
- You have to pour a generous amount of water now over the carpet to cover that area.
- After that, blot the water as much as possible with the help of the clean cloth or towel.
- Now, let the carpet dry. The stain will not be visible anymore
- You have to carefully remove the remaining tomato sauce from the carpet by using a knife or spoon.
- Now pour a generous amount of club soda over the stained area on the carpet.
- Then, using a damp sponge firmly press over the stain to soak the stain of the tomato sauce.
- You have to use a clean paper towel and firmly press over the stain for absorbing the remaining liquid.
- Now, mix 1 tablespoon of the liquid dish wash in 2 cups of cold water.
- Soak the clean cloth or sponge in the solution and blot the affected area.
- Rinse the carpet with the cold water and then pat it dry with the help of clean towel.
- You can mix 3 tablespoon of cold water along with 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Now, pour this mixture over the affected area of the carpet. It will soak into the fibers of the carpet.
- Then, cover the entire spot with a white towel for at least 30 minutes for blocking out any light.
- Now, rinse it with cold water.
So, now you know if you have tomato sauce on carpet, then you’ll know what steps to take. Make sure to be fast but gentle with your carpet. Rubbing vigorously or roughly can damage the fibers of the carpet to a great extent. You must make sure that the tomato sauce is completely taken off from the carpet before you start working on the stain. Do not rub off the sauce on the carpet as that can help spreading the sauce to a larger area. Follow these steps exactly and try to be quick.